Good to be Back Home

If you've followed the sidebar of Mobigasmic, (or follow me on Twitter) then you know that I was away for most of this week on a business trip to San Antonio. It was about a five hour drive (my CFO drove) and my first thought when I found out about the trip was what Tech I'd be taking.
My Blackberry Bold was the indisputable champion of this trip- the battery lasted through 15 hour days with ease, the GPS got us where we needed to go when the Nuvi standalone unit in the car failed to find satellites, and I enjoyed Slacker radio during all my showers in the hotel. One neat trick I discovered was the 'My Location' feature in Weatherbug; as we drove through Texas, it was easy to see our coordinates on the GPS units, but it wasn't so easy to figure out what town we were in. Using Weatherbug, I was able to get a lock on our location, the name of the town, the weather and a view of the nearest Traffic-cam. In fact, I loved the feature so much that I used screenshots of the view from Weatherbug and posted them on TwitPic to track my progress.
While at the conference I saw many different phones being used- most were Blackberrys, although I didn't see another Bold, a handful of Samsung Rants (I think) an iPhone or two (with very nervous owners who were perpetually on the hunt for power outlets- teehee) and a Motorola Q9 with a wicked hump for the extended battery. Quite a distance from where I was sitting I noticed someone taking a picture of a business card, but I couldn't be sure what the phone was and if in fact they were scanning it into Worldcard Mobile.
I also brought along my HP Mini and I was pleasantly suprised to pick up a free WiFi signal. And since I only use my Mini for surfing, I wasn't overly concerned about it being compromised (although I did take all the normal precautions). I was able to have a video call on Skype with my guys at home, and that was a special treat for me. Its the first time I've been away from home that long and I really missed them a lot.
Overall, this trip was really good. All my toys and tools behaved as they should, I never ran out of juice, and I had everything I needed right at my fingertips at all time.
But of course, the best part of going away is coming home. Walking into our home felt wonderful, and I gladly put all tech away for the evening and spent a great night catching up on what I missed while I was gone. One of the most touching parts of our reunion was when we asked Seth if he thought Mommy should go on another trip. He leaned in close to my face, and waved a tiny little finger at me and said "No,no,no!" in the same voice that I tell him not to touch something. It made my night.



Sent via BlackBerry Bold

Comments