Gadget Widow(er)

Well, it's that time of year again. Football is over, Baseball hasn't (fully?) kicked off and my husband suddenly has tons of time on his hands. This is the time of year when he wants to spend a lot of time shooting the breeze and just generally hanging out. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with him, its just....I've become so attached to my gadgets its pretty hard to go cold turkey. Last week he had a mini "intervention" where he cited instances where I haven't been completely attentive to what's going around and have had my head buried in my new Blackberry (true). The irony is that I am no more engaged in tech than I am during the rest of the year, its just that without his favorite pastimes to occupy his time, he's more sensitive to it.

I wish I had more insight on this matter. I've read many articles on the reverse of our issue, but I really don't know how to "fix" the issue. For now, I try to have some sort of a routine at night where I catch up on my gadget-ness for about an hour after Seth goes to bed, then spend the rest of the night giving Dean my full attention before we turn in for the night. How do you feed your tech-addiction and keep the peace with your spouse at the same time?

Comments