My Dream Device-2009 Edition



















It seems like every year I have a long list of things that I am aching to see on the mobile front. At the start of last year I had an Ubiquio 503G in hand and longed for a device that had an actual community around it. This year I've got my HTC Fuze, and between XDA, PPCGeeks and HowardForums there's no shortage of fellow users to commune with. In fact, I've recently ordered a number of items to "trick out" my phone (more on that in a later post).


But its not been an easy transition from a QWERTYbar to a slider. While I admit that having the extra screen real estate to watch movies and lay out my Today screen has been phenomenal, it really makes you take a moment to decide if you actually want to open the keyboard to type something now or later. Its not a big hassle, and I don't mind it for now, but still.


My dream device now would have to be the Blackberry Javelin (Curve 8900) body and screen running Windows Mobile 7. But I'd like the Javelin to look the way it does in an all-black case as shown above, with a really great d-pad (sorry, but the Fuze and Xperia dpads are a big FAIL). What device would you beg, borrow or steal to get your hands on?

Comments