FLASHBACK: A Day in my Life with my Treo

Every now and then I find myself re-reading my old blog entries to remind myself of what my time with a particular device was like. I stumbled on this one which details how I was using my Treo in the course of my day, back in February of 2006. Its interesting to see how I use the same general types of applications even though I'm on a different OS and my lifestyle is totally different at the moment!

 


Morning
-Before I even wake up my Treo is configured to refresh my RSS feeds with QuickNews at 5AM. My Treo connects to my high speed connection via bluetooth so downloading my image-heavy feeds (PalmAddict, The Superficial, etc) is a breeze. 
  
Photobucket

-At 6am when I wake up, I bring up my Today screen in Agendus Pro to give me an idea of what my day looks like and what the weather is. 

  
Photobucket

  

-While waiting for the train at the station I do a check of my email and respond to anything urgent. I also send messages to my assistant regarding any tasks we may need to accomplish first thing in the morning. 

Photobucket  

-On my ride in to work I browse my feeds, use Snappermail to write my blog entries, and play a game or ten. 

  
Photobucket
 

Afternoon 
- During my work day I use 2Action Meeting to document a number of meetings and convert some of the items discussed into tasks. 

Photobucket  

- I constantly use my PocketLingo medical dictionary for fact checking durng the day. 

Photobucket 
 

 -I check my stocks periodically using Stockbroker. (Ouch!) 

Photobucket

-On occasion I might need to retrieve a file forgotten at home. I use Win-Hand to connect to my home PC and email myself the needed file. This is also great when I am in a meeting and need to refer to a document in my office! 

Photobucket  

  
Evening 
-On my way to the train I listen to my favorite songs using PTunes. A bit of techno goes a long way to keeping me upbeat! 

Photobucket 

  
-On the train I unwind by watching a bit of Family Guy using TCPMP. 

Photobucket

-I SMS the hubby to find out what our evening/dinner plans are. 

Photobucket  

-I check out PocketTV Browser to see if there’s anything worth watching on the TV tonight. 

Photobucket
 

-Once I get to the car, I plug my Treo in and continue listening to my playlist. 

Photobucket
  
These are just a few of the innovative ways I put my Treo to work during my busy day. What are yours?

Comments