(UPDATE) HP 910- Problematic Issue Update

A very odd thing happened to me a few hours ago- I attempted to turn on my HP and it wouldn't turn on, so I did a reset. When the device reset, it went to the screen calibration screen as it a hard reset had been done! It took me through the initialization screen, then on the device, my apps were all on but the settings (and registration codes, etc) were all missing. 

This convinced me to do a hard reset, and then load ONLY Mobipocket on it. I've got to have something to read on the plane. For now, it appears to be working properly, and very responsive, so it is definitely the fault of one of the applications I had loaded.

The problem is that the difference between WM6 and WM6.1 is so much behind the scenes that apps that would appear to work properly may in fact not be. 

Comments