In Search of the Perfect Journal

Journal

I have kept a journal/diary for as long as I can remember. When I came to live in the US I brought along a few of my old diaries and have enjoyed reading old entries from my youth...I even remember most of the codes I used to use in the event that my mother would find and read them! In 2004, when I got a Treo 600 I started using Daynotez for all my journaling needs, and syncing to the desktop. When I moved to Windows Mobile, I was able to keep the same application and just continued adding entries. 

However, as time has gone on, I've found that Daynotez is simply not robust enough for me anymore. I want to be able to add voice and photos to some of my entries. And recently, inspired by Trent, I want to be able to video journal every now and again. And now that I am spread across my Asus EEE (which is Linux, and therefore cannot run or sync with my PDA), my HP Notebook (which I have not added Activesync to) and my Archos 605, I would like the ability to journal from wherever I am into a single place. 

The logical solution would be to use a web-based service to do this. But which one? Open a separate blogger account and keep a private blog? Livejournal? I'm confused. But if I get this right, and pick one that actually works, I may be inspired to scan all my old diaries in and make one comprehensive journal of my life...and I may warm up a bit more to the idea of the Blackberry Bold!

Comments