Giving the HP 910 another shot

I've been using a new HP 910 since yesterday and the first thing that I have to note is that the one I had prior was definitely a bad unit. Its hard to tell with a new device, but now that I am using this one, I see that there were tell-tale signs that I just missed.
On this new unit, I haven't had one issue. It charged fully and the battery has been working well even as its conditioning (and no high battery temperature warnings!). And Skype is even working like a champ here!
I'm taking it easy, but so far the device has not locked up once, even during an overnight charge. I was hesitant to turn on the screen this morning, worried that my bubble would be burst, but the HP turned right on as soon as I pressed the button!
For now, I've decided to specifically not install Tweaks2K and Memmaid on the device. I don't know how much they may have contributed to the problems before, but since they fiddle with the inner workings of the unit I'd rather err on the side of caution.
More later....

Comments