Vollee-SecondLife for Phones: First Impressions

Screen024
So, its finally here! Vollee is a new program that brings SecondLife to your mobile phone. Its a java app, and should be able to run on a whole lot more phones than the ones they list. I downloaded the version for the AT&T Tilt and had no problem running it on my Ubiquio 503G. As you can see, its quite small but on the upside everything runs very quickly using my 3G connection, and is positively blazing when I use WiFi. Like the Opera Mini app, it allows you to select an option to never need to ask for permission to connect to the internet after the first connection request.


Screen025
As you can see, all of the menus have been formatted for the small screen. I have not been able to find a way to interact with any objects in-world. I can't look at anyone's profile except for my friends and here's what that looks like:



Screen026

It works pretty well. You can search for events and teleport like you can in-world. Details of events are again formatted for your screen:


Screen023

First impressions- its pretty awesome. Not perfect by any means, but a great way to be able to pop in and say hello to a few friends. Don't expect to be running your SecondLife empire from Vollee just yet, but maybe in the future you just might be able to!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I see you're not loading any 3rd party apps on that Ubi lololol