An Exciting Adventure-eBusiness

Photobucket

Today I made a decision. I'm going to begin a career to allow me to work from home. In fact, I already secured my first client! 
I've always dreamed of owning a home, and now that we finally do it seems inconceivable to me that I would leave it every day for several hours. I love our home! And we've spent money to make a home office which I really think I could maximize. I want to have my own business, and I want to do it virtually. 
I know certain things are out of the question: I can't make candles, I can't/won't sell Avon, and I just don't like doing anything that means I have to go and knock on my neighbors' doors and annoy them peddling some product or the other (I'm sure my son will have plenty of cookies to sell door-to-door when he gets to school age!) So, I need to sit down and make a list of all the things I am good at and that I would like to dedicate time to doing professionally. My first client needs a no-frills website built- so that's going on my list. 
Fortunately, at this point in my life, I'm in a place where I can try something new. I have a supportive husband, a substantial nest-egg and a ton of ambition to doing this right.  So, I'm going to give this a try and give myself 2 months to make some headway with it. If you have any resources that would help me towards the goal, please share. And if this sounds like something that you'd like to do too, stay tuned. I'll be documenting my progress along the way!

Comments