Death of my UBiQUiO 503G

Photobucket

The past few days I'd been noticing minor odd behavior on my UBiQUiO 503G- periodically failing to connect to the network, turning itself on and staying on...just enough to make me decide that it was time to do a hard reset soon and start over. But with everything else I'm working on at the moment, that was on my agenda for next week.

This morning I woke up and found that the device would not connect to the network at all- and apparently hadn't been able to all night. I tried a soft reset and it wouldn't come back on. I finally managed to get it to turn on after a hard reset, and dashed to drop Seth off at daycare.

I came home and decided that I would call Cingular/AT&T to find out if they could help me sort out why I still couldn't make a data connection. The service people had me perform a soft reset, and that was it. It just wouldnt turn on again.

I know its not a power issue, the light indicator lights up when I plug it into a power source. I get the logo screen for UbiQUio and then it just turns off. I was able to email the eBay seller he was nice enough to offer to ship it to Expansys for repair. I don't have a lot of faith in the company right now, but its worth a shot.

I ordered a used Treo 750 to tide me over in case it doesnt work out with the Ubiquio repair. And in the meantime I dug an old Motorola phone out of Dean's drawer and stuck my SIM card into that. I haven't used a phone phone in about 5 years. I'm totally lost.

Now I'm starting to wonder if this might not be a good time for me to consider a separate phone and a standalone PDA. It sure would sting a lot less when something like this happens.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi - I'm happy to make sure that your Ubiquio 503g gets repaired,e-mail me at 'myfirstname'@expansys.com

Regards

Roger Buterworth