N800 What Have You Done for me Lately?


It was only a matter of time before I'd be forced to ask myself the question. I haven't felt such a sense of gadget unfulfilment in a long time, and I don't like the feeling. The N800 was supposed to change everything and open up my mind to a new OS, but instead I am left cold by the lack of wow-factor.See, the idea was never to have the Archos replace my N800-as I clearly stated, these 2 devices are in totally separate classes-yet, as I see my functional Archos 605 sitting in its dock day in and day out providing all kinds of treats throughout the day it doesn't seem like a fair fight. My N800 doesn't bring the fire to multimedia, yet the browsing isn't as uber-fast as I'd expect from a wifi device. In fact, the browsing experience isn't *that* much better than it is on my Ubiquio using PIE!So, its with a slightly heavy heart, but very clear head that I realize that the time has come for me to do the right thing and send my N800 to a home where it can be truly appreciated via eBay. Oh, Noki. Goodbye dear friend.

Comments