Archives- October 2007

October 29

The Office on SecondLife

Here is an interesting tidbit...the last episode of The Office had Dwight comment on how he joined SecondLife. So, being the geek I am, I looked him up, and sure enough, here is his profile!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
October 28

My Newest "Gadget"!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here is my latest wonder- Seth! He was born (finally!) on Tuesday, Oct 23, 2007 at 8:24 am and weighed in at 8lbs and 4oz and 19 inches.
Labor was entirely different than I thought it would be. I don't know what I expected, but it all felt so surreal. I started having some light contractions on Monday morning, but I felt like I didn't need to be in the hospital yet. By evening when Dean came back from work, my contractions were strong enough to send us to the hospital. We got there about 7pm and I was convinced I would simply pop the baby out...but no such luck. I was dilated only 1 centimeter, and you need to be dilated to at least 3 or 4 to begin active labor. After walking the halls for about an hour as recommended by the nurse, I was dilated to 3 and was happily admitted.
The rest of the night was spent breathing my way from one contraction to the next. We watched some TV, tried to sleep whenever the pain was not too intense and just waited as the pain got worse. As daybreak arrived, the nurse determined that I was fully dilated and it was time for delivery (yikes!!). My doctor finally arrived before 8am and after about 20 minutes of pushing, out came baby!
I was suprised that the epidural did not completely numb me, but I suppose they did a very low dose so that I spent very little time having to push.
What is having a baby like? Its like the most amazing dream that you have to keep pinching yourself to remember is real. I am soooo relieved to not be pregnant anymore- that heartburn was killing me! And as for Seth, he is just the sweetest little thing I could ever imagine. Every time I look at his face I feel it was so worth it.

Comments