Archives- August 2007

August 23

WM6 on my Hermes!

2 weeks ago I treated myself to a Cingular upgrade of the 8525 pocket pc.But I've been doing a lot of reading about the new WM6 and have been hoping to get up the courage to upgrade my device. I finally did, using the Black Satin rom image from XDA developers site. My 8525 has been super snappy and responsive and aesthetically pleasing to boot! I highly recommend it if you need to breathe new life into your old gadget. Big plus, I can finally get HTML email!



 



  
August 12

Vox

 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well, it seems to be that time of year when I am generally disatisfied with my Live Space. I don't exactly know why, but I just feel a bit blah about it. Vox has recently caught my eye after I got an email notifying me that Splashblog was closing its doors. It took a short time for me to set up a new blog over there and they have a phone application which is almost as convenient as Splashblog was.  Head on over to my Vox Page and see what you think. Jury is still out on if this will mean I finally say goodbye to Windows Live!
 Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
August 08

Handmark TV Guide

I thought my search for the TV Guide solution for my Blackjack had come to an end when I started using Styletap and the PocketTV Browser. However, I recently found out that Zap2It labs, who provides the free listings, would discontinue their free services. Now what?
Well, I decided that if I am going to pay for listings, then I'd want something more substantial. I had previously looked at Handmark TVguide, but that was when I was still on a mission for a free solution. At a second glance though, I determined that I quite like it. In addition to the standard listings, it also has cool extras like the stuff you find on the TV guide website. I cant seem to get the autoupdater to work, but it updates so quickly that its no big deal to do it manually.



 



 

TIme for a change

 
For the past few months I have been using the same homescreen on my Blackjack and I feel like it may be time for a change. Here is what my old screen looked like:
 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And here is one of the top contenders to be my new homescreen. I am still adjusting to the busy-ness of it, but so far its certainly got my attention:
 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
If you like how it looks, you can get it over at the SBSH forum here.

Comments