Archives-July 2007

July 31

New PC

 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As promised, here's a shot of my new PC (well, at least the screen and keyboard). It certainly hits my sweet spot!
July 30

The Simpsons Movie

 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We decided to check out the Simpsons Movie on Sunday since I found a movie theatre near us that has $4 matinees. The movie itself wasn't bad, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I would not have spent a full $10 to see it. A couple of scenes had us in stitches, and the storyline was, as with most Simpsons episodes, non-impacting on the main cartoon. I do think they have gone a bit overboard with the advertising....I mean, this is the Simpsons-we already know and love it, ya know?
July 27

Sweet 22 inch goodness!

My new PC finally arrived yesterday and boy is it ever a beast! It is unbelievably fast and I still can't get over the screen!
 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've just been loading it up with some of my standard goodies, but now I am truly able to get the Sidebar gadgets I reaally want without worrying about them slowing me down! Which means that I can use the i-See gadget and catch up on all my Geekbriefs!
July 23

Happy 30th Birthday! (To me!)

 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today I turn the big 3-0! Woohoo! It certainly has been an unbelievable year so far. I've finally finished with unpacking and decorating the whole house which is no small feat with a tiny person inside you! In other, more thrilling news, we are having a BOY! I could not be happier-if ever there was a boy's dad it's Dean.
I've also spent a fair amount of time socializing with new friends that I've met....I was worried about moving from my comfort zone and circle of friends, but I've already found a couple of niches I'm quite comfy in now.
On the tech front, I am getting a new PC later this week and it is quite the beast with a 22 inch flat screen and
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz)
- 4GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, TV-out, DVI-I, HDMI
- 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN PCI Card
- 320GB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
- LightScribe 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
- 15-in-1 memory card reader, 3 USB, 1394, audio
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
- Norton Internet Security(TM) 2007 - 15 Months
- Microsoft(R) Works 8.0
- HP stereo speakers
- HP multimedia keyboard and HP optical mouse

Its gonna be pretty sweet!!!

Comments