Archives-August 2005

August 16

Quitting Smoking

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
 
August 16th, 2005
4 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes smoke free. 98  cigarettes not smoked.  $37.50  and 17 hours of my life saved!  My quit date: 8/11/2005 12:00:00 PM
 
My reasons for quitting are:
1. To allow myself to be healthy- I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.
2. To be more productive- I spend so much time smoking, it takes away from what I could be doing instead.
3. To be closer to my husband- He quit years before he met me, and I know that it has to have been bothering him that I've smoked.
4. To save money-Just knowing that I have been spending $7 a day with nothing to show for it is insane!
My reasons for quitting now:
1. We just moved into our new home, and I don't want to incorporate it into my new lifestyle.
2. We have family coming to celebrate our wedding and I don't want to be skulking around sneaking smokes.
How I feel:
I miss smoking a lot. But each morning I wake up, the craving is less than the day before. I love smelling fresh, and my lips have even begun to change back to red from the dark shade they had before.
More than anything, I know that it will be very hard for me to get back to this point. That is what keeps me from smoking right now.

Comments